SITTING IN THE DARKROOM

 

I am sitting in the dark room,
Just so I can be invisible,
The silent echoes of unbelievable gloom, 
I wish I could escape,
But the pain is invincible,
A relentless storm I cannot outrun,
So I let it consume me,
Even when I choose to be alone.

I am sitting in the dark room,
Haunted by thoughts of PEOPLE,
People who teeter on the edge of doom,
Their lives are tangled in webs of trouble,
I see their silent cries,
Feel their unspoken fears,
And I wish I could save them,
But how can I?
When I, too, am drowning in the same darkness. 

I am sitting in the darkroom
Just so I can feel free,
Forget about the walls closing in, 
Maybe that's a good relief;
At least It stops me from jumping off the cliff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dance with me?

Nostalgia

A TREE OF LIME